Orange Smart Socket Android
1. Downloading the Android Mobile App
The Dialog Smartlife mobile app can be installed in three simple steps.
Open the “Play Store” app on your mobile device.
Search for the “Dialog Smartlife” App
Download and install the application. (The app is supported by Android 4.0.3 or later)
NOTE If you have an existing account you can use it to Sign In. If you do not have an account you will need to Sign Up for an account.
2.1. Keep your device in hand, unplugged. You will be required to scan the QR code on the bottom of your device. 2.2. Open the Dialog Smart Life App You will be greeted with the welcome screen. Click on "Add featured device" to add the Smart Socket
2.3. Add a New Device
Click on the "Devices" tab to go the device addition screen. Select the + icon at the bottom of the screen to add the Smart Socket
2.4. You will then be asked if the device is to be added using a QR code.
2.4.1. Select Yes to scan QR Code
Scan the QR code on the bottom of the Device
Go to Step 2.7 if you scanned the QR code
2.4.2. Select No to continue manually
2.5 Select Device Brand
You will be asked to select the device brand at the next screen. Select Orange Electric.
2.6 Select Device Type
You will be asked to select the device type at the next screen. Select Switch
2.7. On the next screen, you will be asked if the device you are trying to add is already connected to your home wireless (Wi-Fi) network.
Your selection would depend on the following questions:
- Is your device out-of-the-box and not configured? No.
- Has your device previously been configured to connect to the desired wireless (Wi-Fi) network? Yes.
- Has your device already been configured using WPS? Yes.
- Is your device already connected to a wireless network, but you would like to connect it to a new wireless network? No.
2.8. Configure the Device
Put the device into configuration mode by:
2.8.1. Normal Mode
Plug in the Smart Socket into a 13A wall outlet. Make sure the wall outlet is switched off
Press and hold the button on the Smart Socket as soon as you turn on the power on the wall socket. Once the device powers on, the indicator on the Smart Socket will turn blue which will instantly turn red and then turn green. Release the button when the indicator turns green. The indicator should now blink in green to indicate the device is in configuration mode.
2.8.2. WPS Mode
Note WPS Mode should be enabled in your router for this
Press and hold the WPS button on your router.
Now put the device in WPS configuration mode by:
Plug in the Smart Socket into a 13A outlet.
Press and hold the button on the Smart Socket and then turn on the switch on the socket. Keep holding the button once the device powers on, until the indicators on the Smart Socket turn red. Release the button once the indicators turn red.
NOTE The indicator should turn off, turn on and then remain red to indicate the device is in WPS mode. Once configuration is done (or if it fails) the device continues its boot cycle.
2.9. Press “Start”
2.9.2. In some Operating Systems (Nougat & above), once connected to the Smart Socket it will ask to switch back to an internet connection. Press “No”.If you already pressed “Yes” you will have to start from the beginning
2.9.3. If you unintentionally pressed “back” or exit from the app make sure to switch back to your internet network (WIFI)
If this doesn’t work, exit and close the app and start from the beginning
2.10. Enter Credentials
If the device has been properly set to configuration mode, the following screen will be displayed. Enter the following information:
- SSID – Select the name of the network you want to connect to from the drop-down list.
- Password – Enter the password for the WIFI network you are trying to connect to.
- Name – Enter a (descriptive) name for your Smart Socket. Eg: “Kitchen Socket”
- Serial Number – Enter the serial number which can be found on the package of your Smart Socket.
2.11. If the configuration was successful, your new Smart Socket should be shown in the “Devices” page.
NOTE If this doesn’t succeed make sure you have switched to an internet connection
Your Smart Socket can now be controlled via the Dialog Smart Life App. Refer Section 2.3 on how to control the device.
3. Indications & Operations
3.1. LED indications
The LED indicator on the Smart Socket can be used to monitor the status of the device.
The LED indications of the socket are as follows;
- Upon successful connection to internet - 3 green blinks.
- Upon connection attempt to server (inactive time) – Red (momentarily)
- During operation
When the wall socket is turned on, the indicator would be continuously on. When the wall socket is turned off, the indicator would be continuously off.
During operation, the color of the indicator would depend on the connection status of the device.
- No connection to internet – Red (continuous) when output is on.
- Connected to the internet but no connection to server – Blue (continuous) when output is on.
- Connected to the internet and server and device is operating normally – Green (continuous) when output is on.
Once turned on, the device starts to initialize. This is indicated by a blue blinking LED. After initialization, the device attempts to connect to the internet with the SSID and password last provided to the device. A successful connection is indicated by three green blinks of the indicators. When the device is ready to be used the indicators would flash once in one of the above colors to indicate its connection status and then turn off. The device powers on with the output in off mode.
Customer Support Hotline: +94 777 886886
- Select Option 2 for Technical Support